Monday, February 20, 2012

Basket Case

I have to admit that I've been a basket case lately.

No, not this kind of basket case!



I'm talking about this kind of basket.


bas·ket

  [bas-kit, bah-skit]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a container made of twigs, rushes, thin strips of wood, orother flexible material woven together.
2.
a container made of pieces of thin veneer, used for packingberries, vegetables, etc.
3.
the amount contained in a basket; a basketful: to pick abasket of apples.
4.
anything like a basket in shape or use: He never empties mywastepaper basket.
5.
any group of things or different things grouped as a unit; apackage; package deal: You can't buy the single stock; you haveto take the basket—all companies, stocks and bonds.

Dictionary.com


For some reason I'm really focused on baskets.  Maybe it's because I have the Spring Cleaning Bug and I am organizing as I go?  

Maybe it's because Pottery Barn has a fantastic photo in their current catalog?



Every time I enter a store I head right to the baskets.  
So, I thought I would share some of the great baskets available.

Love the curved shapes, patterns and colors of the baskets from West Elm.

Target offers this set of 3 handles little gems.  I could use twenty of them.


I'm in love with these Tanzanian Village Baskets from 
Sundance Catalog.


Can't resist the burlap basket from Pottery Barn.



Those are just a few of my favorites.  Now for some fun basket photos from Pinterest.


Decoratively fills the space above the cabinets and serves 
as storage.



Collaged and creatively stored coming down the stairs.



Dipped in paint.



Add texture to the walls.



Beautiful pastel colors.



Art on the wall.



Functionality should always look great.

I think this coming weekend I will have dip some baskets in paint.  The perfect weekend project for my Easter baskets 
this year.  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment