This blog begins the first installment of the Snob’s Top Ten. Today's category covers rugs. So many times my clients have not given any thought about an area rug for the room they are working on. A beautiful rug can be the final touch for pulling a sitting area together. Often times a rug can be the inspiration for the design concept. I have talked a lot about inspiration lately. The pattern and colors of a rug can be the accent piece of an area and the rest of the room is comprised of solids, a range of tones mixed throughout the room on the upholstery, occasional tables and window treatments.
One of my favorite rug companies is Surya. My top ten rugs are featured from Surya rug company. Visit their website to view more rugs and to find out about the company. Surya rugs are available to special order out of What’s In Store, 125 N. Teon St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903. There are a number of rugs displayed in the store for you to see. If you have any questions, you are welcome to call at 719-375-9591.
Enjoy my favorites...
1. Amherst, a wide border wrapped around a poly sisal for a casual fashion statement.
2.Artist Studio, hand tufted high/low pile with texture & dimension, 100% New Zealand Wool.
3. Artist Studio, available in custom sizes and made in India.
4. Cosmo Collection, contemporary designs with a bright color palette.
5. Cosmo Collection, hand tufted from poly-acrylic fibers.
6. Concepts, machine made polypropylene and very durable for a teenagers room.
7. Jill Rosenwald, top designer of handmade ceramics, 100% wool in custom sizes.
8. Cosmo Girl/17 Collection, made in the U.S.A.
9. Cosmo Girl/17 Collection, hand tufted.
10. Shibui Collection, rich and elegant hand knotted 100% semi-worsted New Zealand Wool.