Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year In Review

Can you believe 2012 is gone?! 
What a year of appreciation, transition, wins and new opportunities!

So many lovely projects with the most wonderful clients, ever!

The delivery of my very first Grange Furniture order for a client.  All custom finishes made to order 
in France. 


Pendant light from Ballard Designs and additional lightning from Circa Lighting.


Dining Chairs Recovered in a beautiful fabric from Italy.

Nicole's Rental Remake, an amazing transformation.



The year would not be complete without multiple custom window treatments.








A lovely pair of stools, ottomans, tuffets if you will...for a project still in progress. 

Kitchen Remodel with freshly painted barstools recovered, new granite counters and area rug.

A new backsplash with a beautiful tile design.



Bathroom Remodel with new tile, granite counters, vanity stool and custom Roman Shade.
Builder vanity mirrors custom framed.



A year never passes by with out reupholstering many pieces. 




A desk chair breathes new life after being stored away for years.  




A sketch for the client to visualize the project. 


Kitchen chairs recovered in vinyl for easy care with a beautiful textured fabric, the outside lined with large oil-rubbed bronze nails.  An indoor/outdoor carpet custom cut into an octogonal shape. 


Sofa, loves seat, chairs and pillows recovered after 30 years of use. 


Dining chair seats recovered in a lovely Suzani print.





Snob Interior Design's first By Invitation Only event!








Go To Market was introduced this year as well.



Near the end of June Colorado Springs experienced a devastating Forest Fire right in our back yard! 
Literally!  These next two photos I took from my back yard. 



The Waldo Canyon Fire caused the evacuation of over 32,000 residents, including myself for two days.  The closest fire to my home was only 2.7 miles. 


Approximately 346 homes were destroyed by the fire.  The most destructive fire in Colorado history measured by the number of houses destroyed. 


In the past three years it has been my experience to see a steady flow of business during the summer months.  In the summer of 2012 the city was  literally in a daze and my time was spent protecting client files and projects that were to be delivered the week the Waldo Canyon Fires began.

The winds begin to change the first of August...


"The winner of the Wesco Fabrics' Designer Secrets contest is Jane Gianarelli, from Snob Interior Designs, in Colorado Springs CO. Jane had a great idea to not only promote her business, but sell fabric in a interesting and innovative way with themed fabric collections. This month's theme, "An American in Paris," features fabrics from the Wesco line."






Then I found...


In October I was asked to participate in a blog collaboration with nine other bloggers called an OlioHop...

Theme: Fashion+Decor.

Asked to participate again for December. Theme: Holiday Style.

My focus was on Holiday Tablescapes, Chic Farmhouse Style. 



Then to top off my year for an early Christmas gift...

I had the honor of winning 3rd place out of 25, in the Tobi Fairley & Benjamin Moore 2013 Color Trend Design Contest on Olioboard!  I won a pass to attend Tobi's MBA Design Camp and a paint package from Benjamin Moore.  

The perfect segway to the close of my 2012 Year In Review.



Christmas gift from my husband, Tobi Fairley's E-Design Coaching. 


I will have so many exciting things to share in 2013!  

I'm so grateful for my wonderful clients and account reps. 
I'm thankful for the ability to be creative and daring enough to implement new ideas.
I feel blessed to recognize that enduring the challenging times brings favor and new opportunities. 
Finally, I am fortunate to have a family that loves and supports me.


May 2013 bring you all of your New Years Resolutions and much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment