Monday, May 7, 2012

Bloomin' Snow!

As I sit in my office, looking out the window at the very wet SNOW,  I remind myself that there is only one week to go till it is safe to purchase outdoor flowers in Colorado.


It never fails... May hits, we've been teased with a few days of 80 degree weather and everyone begins to plant their flowers, only to have those few days of cold rain and it eventually turns into the wettest snow ever!

Well, that day was today.


So I sit at my desk working so diligently and I enjoy my favorite teapot exploding with white tulips right in front of me.  I know there are just days left when its safe, when I'm in the clear to begin the obsession of what my front porch will look like this year.

Last year I had the honor of being featured on one of my favorite blogs and friend of re-U.  JoAnna's Thrifted Thursdays post showcased a few photos of last years re-purposed display.  


Each year I use only re-cycled finds around my home to paint and plant flowers in.  


This is one shot from a few years ago.  I love the beautiful coral color of the zinnias mixed with dark & light.

Mothers Day is just around the corner...hhhmmm.  



Photos courtesy of: 
Re-U blog
Getty Images
Snob Interior Design

1 comment: