Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Color Your World


As I begin a new decade in my life (turning 40) and embrace my best years yet, I think about living my life to the fullest and to truly enjoy my surroundings. I have always had a passion for color and continually search for new and creative ways to incorporate color into my life and my job.

Color adds energy to any room and can be achieved in a number of ways. Through a splash of paint on a wall, vibrant accessories strategically placed in a room or fabric combinations which create the color story.

Deep, rich colors are luxurious when mixed with brilliant colors of the color wheel. For example, espresso browns paired with pale blues lighten up the spirit or mix it with bold teals to electrify the space. Crisp whites always add contrast and colors pop.

While turning the pages of your favorite magazines, always save the side with color combinations you enjoy. When my clients are embarking on a design concept for their own home, I always assign homework of collecting photos to reinforce their style. The same goes for color. Do you prefer a luxurious lavish look, a calm and tranquil feeling or perhaps purely organic to bring the outdoors in?

Many hours of the week are spent in your own home. Why not fill your rooms with an expression of yourself. Be inspired to live your life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment